Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Got this email from Lindsay today... fantastic!

CHIVALRY: Not dead
I just thought I would regale you with a little story of what happened to me this morning. While making my way from the bus stop to work sans umbrella, I stopped at the traffic lights to get even more saturated by the incessant and, quite frankly, completely unneccessary downpour. I found myself standing next to a man with a large brightly-coloured golf umbrella and thought to myself "why the f*ck do I not even own an umbrella? What a muppet", when I noticed the man had tilted said umbrella to shield me from the rain. I looked over at him and smiled and he said "It looks like you've been drenched enough already this morning - which way are you heading?" He then shared his umbrella with me almost all the way to work, apologising that he wasn't going any further. I didn't see which door he ducked into but I can only imagine he was one of those guys from the HBF "good people aren't so hard to find" adverts. It's just a shame he's not my future boyfriend. That would be a good story for the grandkids. However I say to you Chivalry: definitely not dead!
 
PS: Singletons: read the feature in today's Oz. Apparently men want what we do. Are you serious? Where the hell are they then? Urgh.

2 comments:

Rikki said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww.
Did Thom send you my email thingie?

Bolton said...

nope. me dont fink so. he is well crap.