Thursday, November 01, 2007

Here it is, the new Chez Me

I'm putting an offer in on this place. There are some delays at the agent's end (he's waiting to be sectioned, I think. All I really know is he's waiting for something called a "Section 32" and every time I call him he is at the hospital) but generally speaking, this is it... my new chateau.
Emminently affordable, it's a studio apartment with a balcony and new trimmings in a gorgeous building. But where is it, I hear you ask? It's on my favourite street in Australia - Acland Street.
Yes, it's in St Kilda... which I love above all places. It's like someone put a Mount Lawley vibe into an area the size of Subiaco and then plonked it beside Port Phillip Bay. A 5km tram ride to Melbourne, a few metres (literally) to cafes and restaurants, this is my dream home in many respects. And it's totally one of those "Location, location, location" places in exactly the kind of way Chateau Guildford Road Embankment was not. And I have fond memories of my Highgate studio, so everything seems to dovetail with this one.
I was going to buy a couple of cheaper flats but they're all student accommodation and I'm just not convinced they offer the best capital returns. I can still do this place very affordably... so why not?
Please, come on in and take a look!



Please... step inside...




You like?
Now, one last question: Anyone need to rent a place in Melbourne?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me. First dibbs. Datch it looks wonderful. Onya

L x

Dave said...

It looks amazing Dan! How much will you be charging for rent? The idea of a house in St Kilda and a landlord I know may be enough to get me over there...

Anonymous said...

Could this be a new community bolthole???

Very nice Dan! Are you on the path to becoming a property tycoon?

W x

nash said...

As a matter of fact...

Andrew said...

That's a really nice place, and from memory of St Kilda, it's a fantastic place! Have you looked it up on whereis.com.au to see what's nearby?

But, I hope you'd make a great return on it. It looks nice. BUt... my friend Sash might be looking.

It seems really nice though. Does it have Aircon?