Tuesday, December 04, 2007

And so it is done.

All squared away and guaranteed. It is in the bag. All the paperwork has signed and today I own a new home. Not that I plan to live in it. Although perhaps I might, some day.
It should technically be a neatly affordable project to keep myself amused. A bit of a renovation project. I have high-falootin plans, but may tone them down as the reality of costs kick in. But certainly the kitchen and bathroom need doing so I can see the rent I can charge leap from the severely under-priced $165pw it is currently to the $240-$250 the exact same flats in the building are achieving. At that price it practically becomes cost neutral.

The current tenants are out in mid January... about the same time as settlement is planned. So over the next six weeks I'll be doing a fair bit of shopping around for tiles, basins, stoves, cabinets, toilets, floor coverings, window treatments... All the freakin cool stuff I love doing. Sooooo much fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh - ask me about kitchens! go on - ask. I've only SEEN them being installed, but I fancy myself as some kind of expert. You need a power drill is all I know...

L x

my name is kate said...

re Ethan Frome post on lending library I have it and love it and it's awesome. Have a funny story (funny bizarre not high-larious) about how I discovered it. Er have two copies so I shall bring one into work... or I would if I hadn't just packed up all my books. Hmm might have to be next week unless it's at the top of one of the many boxes...