Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's time to make a change

Just relax, take it easy.
Some of you will know I occasionally suffer from incredible stomach pains. I've had them since I was 13 and the doctors have done lots of tests over the years but have never found a solution.
Sometimes coffees seems to set it off. Sometimes extreme stress.
Whatever the reason, tonight my stomach is in knots.
Tonight I think I know what the reason is though. I'm being sent a contract for a new job. I have to sign it tomorrow and send it back. I might sit down with the bosses at work and ask them what they'll offer me to stay before I go... but I really have to go.
My stomach is in pain too often these days. For all the reasons outlined in my previous post.
The job is fantastic. Awesome pay, flexible hours, city location, overtime, on call allowance, good leave and super arrangements... the usual Government stuff. And its actually a journalist's position within Government... which doesn't come up too often. And it's with a department which does stuff I really believe in. On the front foot rather than the back foot. I like that.
So the idea is I can restore some work/life balance (the cliche of the new millennium).
I'll have time for the gym and the money to pick up some PT.
I'll have time for Russian study and tutelage.
I'll have time to see all my friends and won't have to work my weekends.
Etc etc.
Just a little scared to actually leave news and the industry. I'm sure I'll cope... but it does make me nervous.
*deep sigh*

3 comments:

my name is kate said...

Good luck either way Dans - it won't be the same without you if you do go, though, and if you ask me they can't afford to lose you up front.

Dave said...

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Darlin' Boy, sometimes these things are meant to happen and if they fall in your lap, then they definitely are meant to be. Life is to short not to be happy and we spend to much time working for it not to be a happy part of our lives.
Be happy with whatever you choose.

And remember, sometimes not all of us are meant to climb mountains.

Much love
DOA