Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This must be how the rich people live

This is completely irresponsible. Financially completely ruinous. I've totally jeopardised my savings plan for London.
But fuck it.
Today, and I'm not sure really what sparked it, I bought plane tickets to Jakarta.
Why the fuck not?
Sure, I'm the best part of a grand down and I've put little or no thought into it beyond:
1) Thom is in Jakarta, and
2) I have a three day weekend.
The only trouble was I couldn't really get flights when I wanted them, so I had to ask for Thursday off as well, which I did. The Chief of Staff, who was feeling generous perhaps because it was his birthday, was like "show me the roster... done".
And so it is.
I get to visit my beautiful boy, who is doing so tremendously well in Indonesia and at the Jakarta Post. I get to see the city he has decided he rather adores, even if it is mainly because he's followed by a harem of local girls. And I get to meet all these people he claims are rather fantastic.
Oh yeah, and then there is the cultural experience, seeing somewhere new, traveling overseas, going on a plane... and getting it all as a tax deduction by writing a story on it for the travel section.
Well I'm not an idiot.
So. Fucking. Excited.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Honestly, all I can think is, "True love and devotion."

So sweet of you to do that.