Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good service, bad service, lip service


We aren't quick enough to praise in our modern fucked-up consumerist and selfish society, so I'll start by praising the extreme efficiency and attitude of the girl at Vodafone in the Galleria this morning.
She hooked up Thom and I with an iPhone each without a seconds hassle or annoyance.
Beautiful work Carly, very pleased.
It was a rare show of competence from a telecommunications company. They're not my favourite corporations at the moment, generally.
For a month Dad an I have been without the internet at home. iiNet has assured us every second day for four weeks that they are fixing the problem. Sometimes that they were actually working at the exchange at the very second they were talking to us. That's not been the case clearly. We've also been told several times someone is handling our case personally.
Needless to say, we never hear back from them.
The service is merely lip service, which is really disgusting. As Dad continues to remind them, he's been with them since they were a tiny company - an entire decade ago. He's very disappointed in them.
They took a new tac on the phone last night... blaming Telstra for the problem and refusing to do the work on the exchange.
Which is a neat segue to my next gripe: Fucking cunting mother fucking Telstra.
My phone died. Spectacularly. Come to think of it, I've had nothing but trouble with Nokia's for ever so long.
So I went into the Telstra shop yesterday morning. They don't sell many iPhones. The Blackberry also had problems but they sell more of them. I can keep my $80 cap. Plus I have to pay Blackberry. Plus the phone cost.
Riiiiiiiiiight... .
Needless to say, I walked out.
This morning I walked into Vodafone and walked out with two iPhones, it having cost me not a cent whatsoever and on a $79 cap. Ah, bliss.
The only hiccup at all was ringing Telstra to get my account number from them.
They LIED!
I rang them, they know if you're asking for it you want it cos you're changing carriers, so they LIE and give you a different number. The helpful Vodagirl said they often do it.
I didn't want to believe it, but then I called them again to get the correct number and they LIED AGAIN!
I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to The Times. It's a disgraceful practice.
I cannot wait to pay my last phone bill to those WANKERS.
In the 21st Century, in our modern consumerist and selfish century, where plebs like me can broadcast our bile to the entire world through the intertubes, major companies and service providers - especially those in telecommunications - CANNOT afford to give such poor service.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Nice - I bailed on Telstra years ago after they consistently refused to be competitive with their prices. Power to the people and all that.

Dave said...

Lol that's me by the way. Don't ask why it came up with that user name.

Anonymous said...

The smoo had Telstra change our phone line when we moved in. They did it no probs and then a few months later claimed they'd been trying to reach him to tell him he needed to pay $300 for the privelege. Excluding line rental, calls - just to change it over. Wankers.

I've been seriously concerned since I spent half an hour on the phone with them trying to disconnect my old mobile, only to have the woman confirm my phone number as the one we'd just disconnected.