Thursday, March 01, 2007

This is ridiculous

I'm having one of those crazy days that didn't look too bad on paper, but in retrospect was probably not a good idea.

Tomorrow at this time I will be boarding a plane which will take me away for a month in the colder climes of Europe. As if packing, preparing the house, paying bills in advance, getting prescriptions up-to-date, gathering together tickets, photocopying documents, weighing baggage, deciding what to wear, preparing hand-over notes for my replacement at work, tying up all my loose ends and hiding the body weren't enough...

...tonight is the RAW Comedy Semi-Final.

While I might well not actually be performing any new material, I haven't actually had any rehearsal time and I haven't performed this stuff in a month. I've also tweaked it to keep it just fresh enough... and I haven't had a chance to time it. This could go badly. You'd think I would have been a little more prepared than this.

But not only have I been packing, etc, I've been doing all this on deadline for the newspaper.

And my eyes have developed this funny thing whereby my eyelids always feel like they are sliding to half mast. I'm not physically tired, but my eyes look slightly like I'm a dim-witted devotee of hacky-sack. You know the look I mean. Like I come from Denmark, WA.

I'm not actually getting to Denmark, EU, but while I'm overseas I'll be posting as often as is interesting. That's always assuming my eyes don't completely close over

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make room to take our love with you on your travels! Much Love!! xx

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tonight but have an absolute ball in Europe and I look forward to seeing you in the finals when you get back!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have an excellent time, Dan! And good luck for tonight :)

real caro said...

A belated Good Luck for last night!- amongst all the bath, spoon,nappy, book and boob time there was not much energy for much else- like most nights- ah the baby times!- Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in the colder hot spots!