Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Census for August

Reading: I’m counting down to the last pages of Evelyn Waugh’s Brideshead Revisited. Have thoroughly enjoyed it, even if he did turn the character I was madly in love with into an insane alcoholic.
Watching: Bleak House is the only thing I simply cannot miss, and that’s more about endurance and an anticipated sense of achievement.
Listening: Maria Callas is warbling at me again at the moment. Especially Un Bel Di, from Butterfly.
Downloading: Absolute trash… Pussy Cat Dolls, etc.
Website du jour: National Association of Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (it’s a research thing).
Café: Probably still Exomod, though have most recently been to Rifo’s in Maylands.
Pub: Not doing a lot of this, too busy. Though someone tried to drink me under the table at the Brass Monkey last Friday night.
Club: Too busy for this. Closest I get is a phone call from Lara in London.
Eating: Have discovered pot noodle. Has changed my life and drastically reduced my nutrition.
Drinking: Goon. It’s necessary.
Wearing: A jumper that earned me the nickname “the chocolate lime” with Emma Gant.
Last show: Nabucco, WA Opera.
Next show: Ben Folds with the WA Symphony Orchestra.
Can’t wait ‘til: Ben Folds.
Lately I have been: Doing pots and pots of research for the documentary.
Most recent scoop: The State plans to triple the Coastal Business Centre’s lease to $90kpa and 25 fledging small businesses could be out on their ear.
Most recent purchase: Definitely cannot afford anything.
Want but can’t afford: New digital Dictaphone. Classic 100 Opera box set.
Need but can’t afford: To pay my council and water rates. The former is due tomorrow and the later was due a month ago.
Last nice act: Helped out at Nova this morning because Helen was ill.
Last bad act: May have told Kate she looked like a hooker in her fishnet stockings today.
Bad news: Have been having some health-related problems that require me to be euthanased (or at least knocked-out) so they can have a lil look see inside me.
Good news: I’ve signed some important documents on the most important thing that’s going on for me right now. Oh yeah… met someone nice, too.
Goal: Help finish scripting this thing I’m working on.
How to achieve it: Do what a woman at the ABC tells me.
Yesterday I: Worked and then researched and then read: that’s what my life is these days.
Right now I should be: Researching. Or showering.
Later today I’m: Researching and reading and sleeping.
Tomorrow I’m: Writing some news leads for the paper. May go shopping for Grandma’s birthday present.
General mood: Tired from exhaustion, enthusiastic about life, buoyant about the people in my life.
It would be better if: I were two people, so that I could do everything I need to do.

No comments: