Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm so damned excited: Rudd for PM

I've been backing this particular horse for years and now my political dream - Kevin Rudd for PM - might be about to become a reality.
I first fell in love with the man when I was working for a Federal Labor MP. I had the chance to sit in on a party committee meeting (Defence and Foreign Affairs) as my Member's proxy. He was brilliant. Measured, calm, intelligent, considered, enthusiastic, sensible, passionate, committed, informed. I decided then and there that he was the best choice for party leader and, of course, Prime Minister.
Even through the Latham Year (The Year of Living Dangerously) I backed Rudd to the hilt (my friend Radio Daniel is witness to this) and I could not be happier with the result of today's caucus meeting and leadership vote.
So let it begin. Let Rudd and Gillard - The Dream Team - take it up to Howard. We now have the best chance ever of wrestling power from that jumped-up diminutive tyrant.
GO TEAM!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Kevin Rudd always seemed like a good backup man, (I learnt that from Sunrise) but after the last few weeks, he does have that passion about him!

Go Rudd!