Monday, March 03, 2008

Just quietly, very bloody excited

I'm treating myself a bit this year. And I'm being a better friend to some people I don't get to spend much time with.
In June I'm going on holiday for a couple of weeks. I'm flying to Sydney (being sure to see some people I've neglected while I'm briefly there) and Dancing Daniel and I are hiring a Wicked Van... and hitting the road for a week.
Like a plot for an old fashioned road movie... or possibly Priscilla, now I think about it... my bud and I are hitting the highway west and heading for Dubbo.
I haven't been there for more than three years - nearly four, by the time I get there. We're heading to Oxley Downs to stay with the Tourles and revisit the place where I ripped the testicles out of a sheep with my own teeth.
After a day or two in Dubbo we're driving back towards the coast but on a northern trajectory, stopping overnight at Coffs Harbour to break-up the journey to BRISBANE!
I haven't been there since I was a very small child and frankly do not remember a second of it, so I'm dead excited. Not least excited because I get to hang out with the transcendently fantastic Andrew in time to hit BrisVegas on a big gay weekend.
Then Daniel and I will fly home. So awesome. I cannot wait.
Now it's really just a matter of saving... which involves finishing the renovation on this flat and getting someone in there renting it so I'm not paying BOTH my mortgage and my rent. Talk about housing affordability... sheesh!

No comments: