Sunday, March 02, 2008

This has a whiff about it

Is it just me or is this stuff about Wayne Swan smoking marijuana and having pre-marital sex (not to mention a little-known first marriage) just a little sad?
Is this really the best the press can come up with? Is this meant to be some kind of scandal?
Trust me, I know... it is a slow news day today. I'm in the news room watching several political reporters snoring and/or talking about bouts of gastro.
But this is such desperate tripe. Really, really desperate.
He gave the information freely in an interview for a profile piece. The story in News Limited publications this morning (I think it was by Glenn Milne) made it sound like he'd spent his teenage years haunting needle exchanges and knocked up his 16-year-old dealer.
I know you want to dent the Government's ludicrously high approval rating but this isn't a whiff of a scandal... it's just plain whiffy full stop.

No comments: