Thursday, February 01, 2007

I've a taste for it now

In fact, I have a taste for it now like a bitch in heat has a taste for stray dog.
Last night's gig went well. I started with the same material as I used for RAW and they were laughing. I don't know whether it was actual or it's just how I remember it, but the new material seemed to go down really really well. Possibly better than the original stuff.
There were a group of rednecks there including one girl who thought she had the right to heckle every act on stage. I'd already clocked she was homophobic from a couple of interjections earlier... so I went on stage expecting a fight. When she finally said something I felt like she was so on her own that I ignored her. It would have spoilt my joke if I'd stopped anyway. And she was a douche.
I was doing this gag, the setting-up of which required me to explain I was laying on the couch with my boyfriend, kissing and cuddling.
"Leave it there thanks," she said.
Well apart from the set-up explaining that in this scenario I could be either a straight woman or a gay man, however they wanted to imagine it, her interjection was unnecessary.
Anyway. I ignored her.
So in the shower this morning I had my Trippenwitz moment. (You know, when you think of the right thing to say after the event).
Her: Leave it there thanks.
Me: Pardon? What's your name love?
Her: Charlene
Me: How old are you?
Her: 19
Me: Where you from?
Her: Cannington
Me: How many kids you got?
Of course, that's how it played out in my mind. Either way the punchline would be:
Ladies and Gentlemen we have a homophobe in the audience. So which is it love, did your High School boyfriend ditch you for a man or are you a repressed rug-muncher? Like a bit of vadge, do we?
Anyway, I've been booked again. I'm doing Feb 16 at Lazy Susan's Comedy Den. All new material, same old Dan.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Yay for you! You can be the next Wil Anderson! Except not as polarising to the general audience!

Still, that bitch is a total shunt. You should've gone down to her and said what you planned!

-Andrew