Monday, July 17, 2006

A very happy birthgay to me

It's a big day for me today. It's my birthgay. My third birthgay.
Yep, it was three years ago today that I came out. Came out to myself, at least.
It should be a time for reflection, but I probably can't be bothered except to say I'm damn proud of the faggot I've grown up to be.
How nice that I can celebrate this day knowing I'm working on a project that will hopefully make a difference to so many other people going through - or about to go through - that same process.
My life would have been much easier if someone had been there to show me the way out. There should be gay sherpas.
That's what I hope to be: a gay sherpa.
(Now I can't get horribly graphic images of Hillary and Tensing out of my head. No-one needs that. Especially at altitude).

4 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

Hurrah! ::confetti::
Hopped here from Willie's place; glad I did, just in time for champagne.

Willie Baronet said...

Good for you! I suspect very soon there will be gay sherpas so hold the line until then. :-)

ThomP said...

I think you may have the wrong part of the stick... Sherpa's just carry the baggage. Now, not wanting to lower myself to using stereotypes... How is your sibling!!!

sorry, I had to.

Bolton said...

i haven't seen her for ages.

she's buried under her of baggage.
(she tried to pack up her troubles in her old kit bag but they wouldn't all fit).