Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How raw is raw?

I have done something very silly. Very very silly indeed.
In keeping with one of my New Year's Resolutions, I have signed myself up for RAW Comedy.
I have no idea whether I'm funny or not, in fact the answer is almost certainly no, but here I go.
It was a resolution I made to myself a couple of years ago whilst stuck in the wilderness scraping maggots off my dinner before eating it that I decided to live like there was no tomorrow and put myself up there in this manner. So this year, I decided to do it.
I have taken lots of advice from some brilliant stand-up acts - Claire Hooper, Jimmy James Eaton, Alex Manfrenn - and now I'm left up to my own devices.
I think what I've come up with is funny. If you want to come see it is on at 8.30pm at the Hyde Park Hotel, Bulwer Street and Fitzgerald Street, North Perth. Entry $15.
Come watch me die like a bitch.

2 comments:

my name is kate said...

I am torn between cackling with excitement at the prospect or vomiting with shared nerves.

Andrew said...

You had maggoty food?! EW. Also, like Outback HOuse is on DVD! I like totally saw it today at the stores.

Still, what were the other NY Resolutions? And get the standup filmed! You could be our next Wil Anderson!