Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tonight. It's bloody-well tonight!

Win or lose (almost certainly the latter), laugh or cry (hopefully at least a little of the former), the RAW Comedy competition is tonight and by the time I go to bed I will be able to say I achieved one my life's goals.
I tried stand-up comedy.
Maybe I will try and I will fail. I don't really give a shit about that. What I care about is, I said I would try it, and I did.
I don't mind telling you I'm nervous. Not splatter-shit up the dunny wall nervous, but nervous nonetheless.
Still... I've worked on my material until I think it is as tight as it can be, I've rehearsed and rehearsed so that I know my material, I've timed it so I won't get gonged off... I'm as prepared as I can be.
Now I just need to stay sober between now and 8.30pm...

No comments: