Friday, January 19, 2007

Well, THAT was unexpected!


Last night, in front of 300 people, I achieved one of my life's goals - I gave stand-up comedy a go.

And the bitches laughed. They really laughed. And I was tickled pink.

The judges laughed, too... as it turns out. I WON THE HEAT!!! I'm through to the State Final of RAW Comedy!

There is but one casualty in this story of heady success: My holiday. I'm supposed to still be sauntering around Europe until April 2. The heat requires me to be home by April 1 so I can grace the stage at The Regal.

Every says I should cut the holiday and come home for the final. Perhaps I should. I'll have to see whether I can. It might actually be physically impossible for me to get a flight out of Prague.

Either way, the wonderful Jimmy James has asked if I want to try a set at Lazy Susan's Comedy Den, and another promoter (a real Starr) suggested I have a go at the Laugh Resort, at the Brass Monkey.

Well whether this is the beginning of something or just a one-off, I had a brilliant time. It was so much fun. Thanks to everyone who came along.

End of (indulgent) bulletin.

Big big love, Dan x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!!

That's brilliant! So glad it went well, i wish I could have been there, but I was too busy doing the dance of the headless chicken... (you'll understand why shortly)

Again, CONGRATS!