Thursday, April 19, 2007

Derby fall-out: I think everyone is missing the point

As you all know, I don't follow the football. Beyond the Men For All Seasons calendar I couldn't give two ass-rubbings about it. But this Adam Selwood calling Des Headland's 6-year-old daughter a slut business has me intrigued.

Apparently after Selwood noticed the tattoo of a female on Headland's bicep the on-field conversation went something along the lines of:
Selwood: She looks like the girl I fucked last night.
Headland: That's my 6-year-old daughter.
Selwood: (Depending on who you believe) Slut.

The AFL Tribunal tied itself up in knots trying to apportion blame for this one and then decided to let everyone play next week regardless. Perhaps they understood what I thought only I understood: Everyone is missing the point.

Surely the person who is most culpable in this equation is the tattoo artist who did the dodgy tatt' in the first place?

Surely Australian society's championing of the LCD cause is to blame? It only encourages the Cashed-Up Bogans to do things like:
a) Call their daughter Madisan (and spell it thus), and
b) Get a tattoo of their daughter on their bicep in the first place.

There is plenty of blame to go around here. But it's nice that for once the word methalamphetamine hasn't been mentioned.

4 comments:

shiny said...

I think methyl is spelt with a y. Which is the question we all must ask ourselves really.

Anonymous said...

Whats LCD stand for?

Great to have you back, Dan!

nash said...

Lil Circumcised ... you can guess the rest philbert83

Bolton said...

Classy Nash. Keepin' it real.

Lowest Common Denominator was the three letter acronym I was going for. LOL