Monday, April 23, 2007

Ultimately, they will let you down

There is far too much background detail to go into, but let's just say I'm not impressed. I'm deeply hurt. The company I work for puts in place a kangaroo court and protects people who earn money, over those who cost money, every single time.
I was not impressed to walk into the office this morning and find a poster on my wall which could easily be regarded as homosexual vilification. In fact I was fucking furious, hurt and upset. I shouted at someone who had, before the weekend, told me they were going to redecorate my work space. This not someone I have a lot of respect for, someone I have had disagreements with before, and someone who earns the company a lot of money.
I found the Dirty Dick's poster offensive. I complained. They built a wall around her and I had to back down. It has left a nasty taste in my mouth.
I don't think they would have dared do the same if I was a German and someone had put a copy of Schindler's Arc on my desk. Or if I was black and someone had left a gollywog on my keyboard. And the absolute shit-off about the whole thing is that the same kangaroo court is probably going to make me apologise for yelling at her.
Thus ends my happy time at my new office. Urgh.
My consolation is that her stoner babies will all be malnourished and under-sized and she will die looking an old haggard LCD chrone with manky green-blonde hair and a fucking enormous fat arse.
Mature of me, I know.
Oh well. At least there is about to be some news from Aunty on that other oft-forgotten project of mine.

4 comments:

my name is kate said...

This is the same company that won't let a condom be photographed ... they can never be underestimated.

Dave said...

That's fucked. Imagine the furor if you put a picture of a bikini-clad woman up in her workspace... You'd be hauled over the coals!

Anonymous said...

Give me her name. I'll crush her with my fat arse and my diabetes ridden obese kid will snap her mongrels like a twig!!! Bitch!

Bolton said...

hello darling. have been meaning to call you. lovely to hear from you. do please email me!