Thursday, April 26, 2007

Theme for the week

So how fitting that my great vilification trial - in which the homo is hung - took place in the week of the anniversary of Oscar Wilde's famous trial. Thanks be to Kate for letting me know about it.

While his time in incarceration inspired Wilde, my hero, to write the masterful and beautiful Ballad of Reading Gaol, my time inspired me only to write applications for new jobs. But I understand why he did. It is cathartic...

And all men kill the sales rep they hate,
By all let this be heard,
Some do it with a scissor kick,
Some with a flattening gurder,
The editor does it with a nail gun,
The journo with a pen through the temple.


I apologise for ignoring rhyme and cadence, etc.



This is my favourite picture of Oscar. When I was 19 I had a studio portrait taken of myself in exactly the same pose, in a chair holding a cane. What a poofter. If I had an electronic copy, I'd post it. Here is me at Oscar Wilde's grave in Paris instead.

4 comments:

my name is kate said...

I never saw a journo who looked
With such a wistful eye
Upon that flabby slab of flesh
The sales rep called her thigh,
And thought of whether the stupid wench
Could find a way to die.

Bolton said...

you are too good. and have slightly too much time. lol

my name is kate said...

well... yes. Lindsay writes the paper, I write the smart-arse remarks.

Dave said...

haha brilliant