Saturday, August 25, 2007

Census for August... updated

Reading: I have such a huge stack of books on the bedside table. Flicking though a volume of Jeremy Clarkson's.
Watching: Well not Torchwood which appears to have been taken off air by Channel 10. Fkrs. Dr Who. And old episodes of The Good Life when I get home from nightshift.
Listening: Regina Spektor.
Downloading: Absolutely nothing!
Website du jour: Facebook.
Café: Not particularly going anywhere.
Pub: Scotto. Managed Brisbane, Queens AND Scotto last night. LOL.
Club: I'm too old for that shit now.
Eating: Tan Po Po for lunch... a little too often. But then, they are the happy snappy Jappy.
Drinking: Tea.
Wearing: A pair of compression pants to stop the gym pain in my legs. They work great!
Last show: I saw Rigoletto at the WA Op on Thursday night. It was wonderful. Although the set kind-of stole the show.
Next show: I'm booked to see Kate Ceberano with Kerry, then Dad and I are going to see Brenda Blethyn and Sigrid Thornton doing some Alan Bennett monologues the next day!
Can’t wait ‘til: Middle of next week when my laptop arrives. The 15" version won't be in for weeks so they're offering me the 17" version for only $200 more, rather than the $1000 more it should be. So I'm stoked.
Most recent scoop: Double fatality on the freeway. If you can call that a scoop.
Most recent purchase: I keep walking into shops to buy things and then coming out with nothing. I guess that's a good thing.
Want but can’t afford: A small pair of binoculars, for work. They'd actually be quite handy.
Need but can’t afford: Nothing.
Last nice act: The 'nice' value of this is up for debate, but I managed to keep LMcP at arms length from fuckwitted people at an after party last week... thereby ensuring she had a fun, care-free and stressless night. Which may not have happened if she'd known they were there.
Last bad act: Oh there must be something... perhaps relishing the ascendency of a woman who just regained control of her life and her house by giving a move-on notice to a young man of dubious repute.
Bad news: Night Police rounds involves a LOT of death.
Good news: I actually really love my new job, despite the death, and have been told good reports are filtering through. Which is good... cos you don't actually get feedback. LOL. But I would certainly never give up because it's all too hard and go running back to my comfort zone. That's fucking pathetic.
Goal: As ever, to be buff for summer. It's coming, too.
Yesterday I: Had breakfast with Thom and Robbie... can't remember what I did during the day... had coffee with Karen and Peter who were up from Albany... then caught up with the CNG crew at night.
Right now I should be: Visiting my Grandmother for her birthday. Which I will now have to do tomorrow as it is too late to drive to the farm.
Later today I’m: Urgh... going to the pub again. I couldn't think of anything worse right now, but it is very important that Thom goes to this event. Hair of the dog, Dan, hair of the dog...

No comments: