Saturday, August 18, 2007

General Update

It's been a bit of a long week really. Tuesday night I was standing at a police post all night talking to bootscooters. The next day they found Corryn Rayney's body and I spent a couple of days sitting in Kings Park, bored off my brain, waiting for ANYTHING to happen. Such is the life of a daily journo. Mind you, there's something exciting about the boring bits, when the story is on this scale.
Otherwise, quite pleased I got into the gym for three solid sessions this week. STILL waiting for my new computer to arrive - it has been a month. And I've joined the Facebook craze everyone else seemed to have already done.
Last night Thom and I went to Cirque du Soleil. Fantastic as always. Party was still huge. Rolled in quite late after and argument with a fuckwit taxi driver, who I will be filing a complaint about on Monday. He started yelling at me and accusing him of being a criminal because I put the girls in his cab and checked his number as I did so. He was quite abusive. I was furious. Just because you look like a Pashtun Rebel doesn't mean I assume you're going to bag up my women and sell them as slaves somewhere. Jesus.
Anyway, that's my week. Night shift means I have plenty of time during the day. I'm trying to make the most of that. I don't mind working nights. I just wish I got to write more while I was doing them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gave said taxi driver a talking to and he seemed a bit contrite. But you should complain nevertheless. Fuckwit.

L x