Sunday, September 17, 2006

Red letter week

What a freakin amazing week. So much cool stuff is going on.
A couple of things happened that I can't talk about publically, but I can allude to.
Firstly, this little project I'm working on with Aunty... well I had some talent confirmed this week and let's just say I'm going to get to meet/interview one of my idols.
Secondly, this little day job I have... well there was an opportunity this week for a little, shall we say, upgrade?
Other things that I can talk about more openly:
Dad left for his month's secondment in Singapore this morning. I fell asleep at a mate's house and missed him leaving, which I feel very guilty about... but I doubt Dad was too worried as he shuffled out the door, diplomatic passport in hand. How fkn cool is that?!
His absence also means the dog has been seconded to my DOA's house (Dear Old Aunty, for the uninitiated). So I am rattling around in this enormous house all by myself. I've closed-off his wing of the chateau - I just have to remember to open it up for an airing once a week.
Also excited about my Big-Arts Weekend. Off to the opera in a couple of hours.
AND... very excited to mention... according to the silly counter map thing, in the last 24 hours I've clocked over the 1000 visitors mark for the blog. The map counter has me fascinated. I have no idea who the random Americans, Europeans and Asians are who have from time-to-time popped by for a read. What confounds me even more is the number of hits I get from Alice Springs. That has me stumped.
I'm also excited about getting my tickets to the media ball (THE social event of the year) and the Elton John concert (when I leave for the UK, I think I'll play his song "Daniel" at volume in the departure lounge. Of course, the lyrics would work better if my sister would actually talk to me... let alone wave goodbye to me. Although it has been a mercifully drama/stress-free 18 months and I'm happy enough to remain freezed-out. I'm rambling).
Also have tickets to see John Waters in a non-Playschool-non-costarring-with-Sigrid-Thornton role this coming week. Oh yeah, and some chick from a record label has given me tickets to see Evermore next weekend because I told her I've been a fan of the supporting act (The Hampdens) since day dot.

5 comments:

ThomP said...

Glad to see you're getting back on track. Perhaps now you'll be less moany. Yes, moany is a word... now

Bolton said...

yeah i've been in the doldrums a bit for some time. but that's okay, i'm allowed to. i live in bayswater. it's what we do.

nash said...

Good to hear you're having fun

And hope YD forgives you (Your Dad, for the uninitiated lol)

Bolton said...

now where in the hell have you been?

you disappeared from my couch and then disappeared from my life!!!

i have that article on viv here for you. will try to remember to post this week.

Anonymous said...

If you miss the dog that much, you can visit and if she doesn't stop barking anytime soon you can have her back.....

Between the dog, two rainbow lorikeets and two kids I have no peace. Although like you I spend time in the leper colony where it is nice and peaceful.

Love
The DOA