Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Things I've learned this week...

1) ...The Perth media and political/union scene is incredibly small. Like, incredibly. Someone I've just met has ludicrous two-degree separations from me and several people in my life. Unnerving.

2) ...Tattoos are about the ugliest possible thing you can do to human flesh outside of a burns unit and not involving industrial strength acid. They make me want to vomit up my own stomach. (Not the contents of my stomach, I mean the actual stomach).

There are back stories to both. Best I tell you over beer.

3) ...Dad is doing great in Singapore. He managed to watch the Eagles trounce whoever it was in the thing that isn't quite the grand final but next week will be. I called him after the game. He was watching it in some Aussie bar along with some other Quarantine-types and half the HMAS Darwin. I'm not sure if revealing that much information has endangered all their lives. I'm sure ASIO will let me know. (F**k their file on me must be decent by now). Anyway, he's loving the work... and I'm loving having the house to myself.

4) ...It's possible to get quite excited about meeting someone you've never met before... and quite possible to enjoy lacing them with booze and party tickets for a long weekend in a city that is foreign to them. Bring it on Phil! This could be a truely deadly weekend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need company.......come and get the dog. (I'll throw in an evil, beligerent rainbow lorikeet so you can have some noise!!)

Bolton said...

i didn't realise the lorikeet had become evil. sounds kindy creepy. you know, in a stephen king kinda way.

will visit soon. x

Anonymous said...

"could be truely deadly" ? Ha! More like definately!

Nah, I don't think you've endangered too much. That would be if they were unauthorisedly in Tehran, Borneo or invading Poland.

Good to see you writing in affidavit form!

Bolton said...

it wasnt so much a planned affadavit as all i had was a loose confederation of snippets to blog about and no clever way to tie them together. feeling particularly uninspired, i'm afraid.

when i get in this mood i do crazy things to relieve boredom... like engage in klepto tendancies, etc. ;-p

nash said...

Hmmm BG, it's a good thing I think you're cute otherwise you'd be in BIG trouble. Didn't you learn 4) way back in March???

Bolton said...

you make a very very fair point nash, dear fellow. and it's actually a remarkably similar situation! lol. but now i've had it confirmed. that's two great friends i've made over the internet. :)

nash said...

mwah

Anonymous said...

1) Isn't Perth like Brisbane, but, like transplanted over in WA? So then the 2 Degrees thing, still the same...

4) Yes, Phil is a great deal of fun to go out with. First time we met, I was absolutely stonkered. Lol.

- Andrew

Bolton said...

oh yes indeed... if brissie has a serious two-degrees-of-separation problem then it must be just like perth. we are also two cities with the best climates. so yeah... swings and roundabouts.
and phil and i may have progressed towards stonkered a little the other day. things are only going to heat up this weekend, methinks.