Monday, January 07, 2008

Ah, the shitbox is mine

It's all done and dusted. I own it. That lil one bedroom shitbox on Stirling Street is mine. Settlement went through today at 12.15pm. I am slightly poorer for the experience, but I own a flat in what is essentially my dream location and by the time I finish with it, it will be my dream flat, too. The tenants are out in a week and I can begin the renovation process.
I feel bad kicking them out because they are Christian missionaries who have just had a baby and live there very very cheaply under some deal the church has with the previous owners.
I thought once they were out, it wouldn't matter, I could forget my evil doings... but alas no. They have rented another flat in the same building... so I'm destined to regularly bump into their angelic and wronged faces every time I go round to the flat. God has a sense of humour.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Perhaps you can renovate then have the angelic Ms Gant move in? Fucking Christians all seem to think she is worth saving...

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin' Boy, we are back from the beach, I am ready to shop for taps!!!!

Love DOA