Friday, January 04, 2008

I Am Legend

I wanted to see this movie from the second I saw the trailer some three months ago. Why do they do that? Put out the trailers so far in advance these days?
Anyway, we saw it last night but it was too late. It had already been destroyed for me by one word: zombies.
Oh they never call them zombies in the film... but they're zombies. This is a zombie film.
I hate zombies. I just think they are THE MOST stupid scary idea ever. Dude I watched this film in Belmont... zombies aren't going to scare me. Of all the things that could reach out of the dark and grab me, zombies are the least of my worries.
Add to that Will Smith playing the same role he plays in every film and some slow slow slow repetitive slow slow sequences... and some hatchet-job sentimentality... and you have a disappointing film.

5 comments:

my name is kate said...

Aw bugger I thought it looked good. But, hey, Shaun of the Dead is a zombie movie and that's awesome. Ooh and 28 Days Later is also a zombie movie I guess and that is also pure quality. Although that could be because the Irish dude is hot. And naked. I saw his penis. And um, I'm going to have a lie down.

my name is kate said...

Hee I wrote 'penis'. Jesus.

Bolton said...

Hot, naked, penis? What was that film called again?
*gets a pen*

Andrew said...

I know what you mean. I was SO looking forward to this movie too.

Watching it. Meh. Best actor - The dog. Apart where he's a retard and runs after the deer or whatever.

Zombies = Sucky.

This movie could've been FANTASTIC if we had Will Smith playing "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" as the last man left. "YO UNCLE PHIL! Carlton?! What's on homies?!"

nash said...

You really are a legend - they're screening Outback House in this neck of the woods!