Sunday, January 20, 2008

Best. Idea. Ever


A few weeks ago I went to the Hopman Cup. Free tickets from work. Take three friends.
Well Thom and Trish spent the day commentating on the spectators. No, not commenting. Commentating. And quite a bit of conjecturing actually. But I slowly became charmed with the fuzzy ball game as my good pal Michael explained the rules to me.
Since then I've watched a hell of a lot of tennis. I'm addicted. The Australian Open has been a revelation.
I love Alicia, Novak, Marat, Marcos, the Bryan Brothers (in particular), Sania, Jelena... I love them all. I don't care who wins. I love them. And I have a total soft spot for Casey Dellacqua cos she bounced into the tennis world in a big way as I watched my first grand slam.
Tonight, while watching Casey, I told fellow tennis tragic Miss Kerry that I was going to plan my holidays around the Australian Open next year. She said book tickets now. I said come too. She said yes.
WE'RE GOING TO THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN! Word. I am so excited. Such an awesome holiday with such a good friend. I am all a-flutter.
Best. Idea. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Australian Open is definitely having some great tennis. I'm not getting any sleep since I have to get upo at 2:30 a.m. to watch the featured matches live. Very addicting sport.