Sunday, November 12, 2006

Don't mez with the fez from Kez

This is truly great weekend being peppered with old friends.
Firstly, Kerry came back from Egypt and brought unto me a Fez, which I absolutely love and could only have been made better if it came attached with a little monkey grinding an organ. Still, I have Thom for that.
Paulie from Melbourne and Robbie Goodwin (also now of Melbourne but late of Community Newspapers) are both in town, so I'm hoping to see both of them.
Had a surprise phone call from Adam "Sailorboy" Carter yesterday - the HMAS Ballarat is in port at Fremantle so hopefully I'll be catching up with him.
And speaking of Outback House people... I'm heading to Sydney December 8 to 11 (to see my beautiful Daniel dancing his heart out in at least two productions) and so I hope to see the Allcorns and Miss Schubert.
(Att: Phil. The Miss Schubert I refer to is Fiona Schubert, late of Outback House. You might rather famously be the gayest person I know, but I would never refer to you as Miss. No, you are Mr Schubert, most definitely. But if you happen to be making it down to Sydney it'd be great to see you. I think I'll need dates for the two shows I'm going to see, so that could be fun).
Anyway... there is no real point to this post except to let you know I am alive.

By the way, I went to the Bryn Terfel recital at the Concert Hall on Thursday night. I was in total absolute heaven. Total ABSOLUTE heaven. Such an amazing voice. Amazing like I have never heard. I understand why he is one of the world's greatest, most famous and widely loved voices.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

You got a fez! Brilliant!

Also, like, my comments I made on here, like don't show up.. :(

And teh Sailorboy eh, do tell!

- Andrew (fully prestige!111)

Bolton said...

hmmm... i'm not sure why that is andrew. i upgraded to beta blogger and it has been nothing but trouble though... so that could have something to do with it.

if you want more details on the beautiful sailor boy, go to www.abc.net.au/tv/outbackhouse and look up adam on the cast list. :-)