Thursday, November 02, 2006

Just moments away

Very shortly I shall be out cold. This will be done clinically and medically and not in my usual "Saturday night special" kind of way.
I haven't been allowed to eat except for a "very light breakfast" which consisted of yogurt, which has long since been and gone. My stomach is busy eating itself now... which is pretty much the problem I'm going into hospital for in the first place.
The procedure is called an endoscopy (several of you know I've had one of these before, though it was performed neither clinically nor medically).
I can't tell if I'm nervous and have butterflies in my stomach or whether I'm just hungry or whether in fact it's because I didn't take my medication this morning that I feel all jippy in the tum-tum.
The plan is that I am to drive to the hospital myself and Dad will get a lift and come pick me up later this afternoon, driving home in my car. The plan is then for me to try to post a coherent blog about the experience as soon as possible - in the hope that it might not actually be coherent at all.
Anyway, wish me luck ladies and gentlemen... I'm going in!

1 comment:

nash said...

Good Luck BG! I hope I'm wrong, but I think you'll be disappointed about the side effects of anaesthetic - they problee won't send you home if you're too incoherent. Try going to the dentist instead

Love you xx