Monday, October 30, 2006

Anthropamorphyschological

I won't let the dog see me naked.
I suppose in the back of my mind I've always known this is a completely irrational fear based around my anthropamorphising of the cute little bitch, but I've never let myself dwell on it.
Only when I mentioned it in passing to New-Thom-With-An-H the other day he laughed at me hysterically.
"Why?" was his only response... delivered big-eyed with the corners of his mouth suggesting he was willing to burst into more hysterical laughter before I even finished my reply.
"I don't know, I guess it's just cos she's a little girl dog and she's innocent and sweet and I don't want her looking at me like that."
Needless to say, more laughter ensued.
I had totally never thought about this closely, but as I said, I knew it wasn't rational. If anyone can explain the psychology of this I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd also like to think I'm not alone in this.
Oh, except I KNOW I'm not alone in this. I got a phone call from New-Thom-With-An-H later that day to inform me he could no longer be naked in front of his cats.
To which I responded with hysterical laughter.
(Please note I didn't make a pussy joke: I nearly bit my tongue off to achieve that).

PS: At last, an entry that means anyone who googles "Dan Hatch naked" will have something to look at!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say it's only cos you were at pains to point out how wrong nudity around pets is!

The thought would never have crossed my mind otherwise...

nash said...

S'pose a tongue kiss is out of the question?? (with the dog, I mean)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't like a dog seeing me naked. I'd worry it'd come to, you know, grab the sausage.

Lol, and Cats are awful awful creatures.

Finally, googled Dan Hatch Naked. I got nothing :(

- Andrew

Bolton said...

actually, if you google it in quotations, as in "dan hatch naked", it does come up.

and i'm relieved to note it is the ONLY thing that comes up!