Sunday, October 29, 2006

A week of anaesthetic

The pain must be dulled one way or another. It's that kind of week.

1. On Friday I had a very important meeting with some very important people about the documentary. A best-case scenario sees us filming in April. I needed a stiff drink after learning that. So bloody far away! By then this project will have been on my plate for two years... and it won't have even made it to air yet. It astounds me that everyone says this project is going so fast and having such a smooth run. I am soooo impatient!

2. This coming Thursday I shall be going under the surgeon's knife. Well, not quite. They're going to knock me out and shove something down my throat (hardly virgin territory there, I realise) and go in search of what it is that has given me chronic bent-double-omigod-I-can't-breathe pain for the past 13 years. Apparently I shall be well woosy afterwards, so I'm trying to work out the best way to enjoy coming down from the anaesthetic - I don't want to waste it (I'm thinking driving home from Osborne Park to Baysie could provide hours of fun).

3.Saturday night is the Media Ball: THE night of my year. I am so excited I can hardly wait. Linds, Lars, Sez, Emma Gant, Wattsy, Disco Stu, McSore-eye, McLigman, Valenti (and the Italian office, I pressume)... all my fantastic boooooozy mates all together for a ripper night of being booooozy and booooozing with other boooooze hags. Oh yeah, and there are some awards handed out too. I never win awards - I've been second-rate my whole life. But then, coming first isn't what's important, is it? Which brings me to...

4. I may have to anaesthetize someone - or at least silence them with enough chloroform to bring down King Kong.

No comments: