Thursday, October 19, 2006

Census for October

Reading: I'm reading David Marr's The High Price of Heaven - a brilliantly executed politically cutting expose of some of the great human injustices in Australia. David Marr is one of my heroes: the importance of this fact will become clear at some point during the documentary-making process.
Watching: Alas Dr Who has ended, so the only thing on my radar at all is MediaWatch. I only watch 15 minutes of tele a week!
Listening: Lamb, actually. I know most people consider that I might be off lamb, but this is Lamb with a capital L.
Downloading: Not a lot at the moment. Except I did download some Lamb.
Website du jour: I compulsively check my friends' blogs. (See at side).
Café: Big-it-up for the Aroma Cafe in Maylands where I get my coffee every morning and where Jess ALWAYS offers me a smile!
Pub: Really only the Scotsman at the moment. It's nice to go somewhere where the bar staff know your name. (And chuck you the occasional jug).
Club: I think Geisha is back on the radar... mainly to see Lara's sets.
Eating: I have nothing I'm addicted to at the moment. Food is so functional for me right now. Though I do rather neck the tablets the doctor is making me take.
Drinking: Water. Desperately drinking water like it's going out of fashion.
Wearing: My Nobody jeans ripped and I am in desperate need of a new wardrobe generally: May be about to hit Dad up for cash.
Last show: WAAPA's Opera Double Bill. Unbelievably I took me and three ladies on the night when the marvellous Daniel Sinfield (watch this space) was NOT on stage. I was devastated. It's the first thing I've missed him in all year!
Next show: Tomas Ford Versus The Audience.
Can’t wait ‘til: The Media Ball. November 4. Look out world, Linds and I are coming!
Lately I have been: Hanging out a lot with the tremendous wonderful fantastic beautiful gorgeous New Thom-With-an-H.
Most recent scoop: I'm sitting on a great one for Tuesday. It's going to cost a man his job though, which I'd feel guilty about, except he's an evil animal killer.
Most recent purchase: A beer. I can afford nothing else.
Want but can’t afford: New digital Dictaphone is still on the list. Classic 100 Opera box set is now off the list, as some just left one in my meterbox. A long story... and I'm not sure how it ends.
Need but can’t afford: A heap of new clothes, especially underwear.
Last nice act: I bought New Thom-With-an-H an unsolicited gift. (Or two, but he doesn't know about the second one).
Last bad act: I don't know that I was awfully nice to the meterbox present dropper. (Which he's been more than happy to point out. Which makes me feel less bad about it).
Bad news: It would take too long to explain.
Good news: I really have met someone nice. Well, I say nice - I mean amazing.
Goal: Complete the film, write the book, head off travelling.
How to achieve it: All starts with a couple of important meetings next week, including with big-wigs from the ABC.
Yesterday I: Worked like mad, visited Thom, waited for Dad to come home.
Right now I should be: Getting ready for dinner.
Later today I’m: Sleeping.
Tomorrow I’m: On deadline. Then I'm spending the afternoon in with Thom. Read into that what you will.
General mood: Tired. A bit boozed. Generally happy though. Perhaps slightly ecstatic, on my day.
It would be better if: Thom weren't working. (I'm quite sure that's exactly what he's thinking too).

4 comments:

Andrew said...

What did you think of the Doc Who Finale? Good, no?

Also, new wardrobe, know how you feel there.

And who is this AMAZING person!?

And details pls about your ABC Adventures!

- Andrew

Bolton said...

actually i really liked the dr who finale. i thought they tied everything up quite nicely with about the right amount of sentimentality.

and the amazing person is new-thom-with-an-h who i am more than slightly everso in love with. only don't tell him, cos he'll get a big head.

i can't tell you about the abc adventures though... you'll just have to watch this space! sorry dude!

congratulations on the job too, btw. sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

I just bought High Price of Heaven the other week to re-read...now if only it'd show up.

Very Sydney, and probably becoming more and more dated, but impecably researched and referenced and incredibly interesting. (Though I'm sure you're well aware of this already)

Andrew said...

Haha, thanks on the Job kudos!

The finale made me a bit sad how she tells him that she loves him.

And show some pics of this Thom person :P

- Andrew