Wednesday, October 25, 2006

At the risk of seeming like a smug twat...

Can I just point out that the front page article I wrote for yesterday's Melville Times has, as a result, become news nationwide today.
ABC, Triple J, Ten News, Nova 937, 6PR and goodness knows who else, all ran my Kangaroo death story today.
And the bloody West journo had the cheek to ring me direct and ask for a copy of the report that had been released to me and only me by the City of Mel-VILE. I told him to ring the council himself, but I know they won't give it to him.
The council gave me the full incident report (the whole account of how the City ranger lassoed the roo around the neck, tied it to his car bumper and towed it to the local golf course and then tried to give it CPR after - to his surprise - he discovered on arrival at the golf course that it had died). There were only 100 or so witnesses to this.
As a result of my report (can you believe in the 10 days from the incident to my paper coming out NO ONE went to the media with this?) both the RSPCA and the Department of Environment are investigating.
I'm a little proud. (Okay, I'm quite proud).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! Does this count as a scoop? If nothing else it proves the world takes notice of what you're writing :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Is there a link to the total story?

- Andrew

nash said...

And I'm proud of you, BG