Wednesday, November 15, 2006

You'll want to vomit by the end of this

Life is good. Life is the best it could possibly be right now.
Truly, I feel like for the first time in a long time the planets are all in alignment, God is smiling on me, the Sun has got his hat on, etc, etc, insert appropriate cliché here.
Perhaps to understand this we need to remember I’m looking at everything through the prism of New-Thom-With-An-H being in my life.
I do not get sick of this boy. At the moment he’s house-sitting a place about 50m from Dad’s door, so I’m spending all my time around there and we’re spending every spare minute together. And I could STILL spend more time with him. The gist is, I guess, that being with him makes me happy.
But then there are the other planets in the line-up.
In a few weeks I head to Sydney for the weekend, and that is something I am exceptionally excited about. I miss Daniel desperately and I am thrilled to be able to see his performance. I desperately need some Dan-on-Dan time. It has been a long, long year without him. I also really want to hang out with Nigel and the Allcorns and all my other Sydney gang.
And now for the biggest planet of all: Europe. (Okay, taken literally, that is the most ridiculous sentence ever written).
I have taken all of March off work and Dad and I are heading to Europe. It’ll be so cool to hang out and travel together. Fortunately we both had the same wish list: London, Paris, Prague.
We’ve nutted it out a bit more and I’m very excited about the last leg of my trip, which I shall do by train: Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome. It’s funny that my whole life I’ve wanted nothing more than to go to London and now I’m finally doing it the bit that I’m most excited about is something I’ve barely ever contemplated.
Dad wants to really go to town on Germany because he loved Frankfurt so much. I also want to go to a couple of operas while I’m there. He’s staying on for another month after I head home, so he’ll have to do much of Germany, the French Riviera, Spain and Portugal on his own. I’m putting them down for the next trip!
The idea of the trip is to basically get a bit of traveling out of my system so I can come home and concentrate on the film. We should be filming any time after April and then there is the book to write and goodness knows what else will be required of me.
All in all, I have a very, very good feeling about 2007. This could be my biggest year yet. And I’ve never been quite so excited!

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Don't Jinx it! DON'T JINX IT!

Still, that's super awesome you're happy :)

So you're leaving in March? Stopping on the eastern coast?

Bolton said...

LOL. Yeah, I'm sorry about your jinxing!

I don't think I could jinx this though... it's tooooooo good.

I must find an excuse to get to Bris Vegas. (Oh, actually, I have one. We're filming some of the doco in rural Qld... so we'll have to catch up then!)

Andrew said...

Bwha! NOW I KNOW! Your evil ABC plan is a Doco! Awesome!

Still, yeah, it's cool

Come to Bris-Vegas (Y) It's delightfully tacky!

-Andrew

Bolton said...

My mate Daniel is in BrisVegas this week... at another mate's 21st.

Oops... I really shouldn't have used that four-letter-word (doco).

Ssssshhhhh!