Monday, June 25, 2007

Last night I had the strangest dream

It wasn't an actual dream.
More of a nightmare.
You see I dreamt I got this really cool job at a major daily newspaper. It was an exciting, beautiful sweet dream. A huge life goal achieved. The big end of town wanted ME! I gave little yelps of excitement when no one could hear. I grinned like a Cheshire fuckwit. I danced a little in my own living room, scaring bah-jesus out of the lil woofer.
But then I began to doubt that I was up to it. I got nervous about the need to prove myself. Was I up to the challenge? I became terrified. Worried. Concerned. Nervous. Twitching and shaking nervous.
Because I realised... IT WAS NOT A DREAM!!!
I DID get that job at a major daily newspaper. And I had every reason to be terrified and nervous and worried and concerned and scared.
My friends have been wonderful and supportive and surprisingly few seem to want to scratch my eyes out. And I know it seems like false modesty to say "I'm very nervous". But believe me. I am. I am very nervous indeed. If I fail at this, I don't know what I'll do.
So the trick will be simply, not to fail. To succeed and do well and get some runs on the board early.
Easy.
Simple.
Piece of piss.


Oh God.

6 comments:

Dave said...

Congratulations!! :)

my name is kate said...

It's win win Dans: if you do good then that's great. If you do bad then you can help to bring the paper down from the inside.

This doesn't mean we have to stop shit-talking The West though, does it?

Bolton said...

LOL. I would never censor someone's opinions Kate.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I probably won't be allowed to agree with it. LOL!

shiny said...

and if you do agree with it Dan, even hypothetically, they'll send the men in face masks round to black bag you and take you away to unnamed tortures. That's how they rid people of those pesky independent thoughts.

Anonymous said...

That's effing excellent! Do tell me the story of how you scored this guernsey?

Anonymous said...

You'll be brilliant. Savour every second of this.

L x