Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My novel approach... to history

So last night I had an hour or two to myself after the gym and I began work on my masterpiece: The Definitive Australian Gay Classic.
This hasn't been done before, to my knowledge.
It fits somewhere into the same genre of those old Crawford productions like All The Rivers Run. A bit like A Town Like Alice (the second half). A feast of the Baz Luhrmann variety. With a bit of Brokeback Mountain thrown in.
Priscilla Queen of the Nineteenth Century.
In novel form.
Not a movie. Which the above would infer.
I plan to be the Colleen McCollough of homos.
I'm quite excited by the plot and narrative structure I've nutted-out. Hopefully the readers will be too. I'm not really going for literature here. Pulp faggot fiction is more what I had in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One Day to D (for dollars) Day!! Wahoo!

my name is kate said...

Kudos, Dans. I did a bunch of writing last night too and was feeling pretty chuffed with myself until I realised it was a rip off of both The End of the Affair and (bizarely) Swan Lake. But more balls.