Thursday, May 10, 2007

I can no longer focus... are you there?

I started at 7.30 this morning and it is now 7.15pm.
Neither today nor yesterday have I had a lunch break.
I've had a journo off sick for two days, a budget delivery right on deadline and two ripper-thank-god-you're-keen-to-work journos who have worked so hard this week they didn't get to fill in their header fields... resulting in hanging the two papers taking several hours.
I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I want to die I just thought I'd mention this as I try to rouse myself enough to be safe to drive home. I'm not drunk you understand. Just impossibly tired and bleary eyed.
I reiterate my long-standing catch-cry: I hate editing.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, my love. If you're not drunk, you should be by now. I find that generally helps. Love you biatch x

shiny said...

I hate it too. I've done so well since easter but this week has been soo stressful with journos having panic attacks and asking me what emails/letters mean. Ended up with whopper migraine today. Lucky I worked late last night so didn't have to do much today. Can in this morning I was so sick/drugged up that I put the wrong password in three times and got locked out of my computer.