Thursday, July 19, 2007

Apparently, I've made it

I was quietly thrilled last night. As I scooted down the stairs from the Laugh Resort I was handed an envelope... with $64 in it. My share of the night's takings!
I was so excited I practically skipped up the street, dripping wee.
I've been paid once before for my comedy (not that I've seen the money yet, Jimmy James... hint hint), but last night was really special.
It was special because no one came to see it. Not my best buds, not my family and not Thom.
In turn the other comedians asked me "Where is Thom?".
"He's not here, he stayed at home," I replied.
"Ah, that's means you're a real performer now... performing is not longer a novelty for them."
LOL. I thought that was funny. And I quite enjoyed the rite of passage.
Also last night I did about 15 minutes worth of material. That's the longest set I've ever done. I was, admittedly, quite rusty and nervous doing my old RAW Comedy material, but I did manage to get through it okay.
AND there was a further cherry-popping experience... I attacked someone in the audience for talking (they then left. Whoops. Lol) and also did some improv when I forgot my next joke (I played with my nipples until I remembered my line, truth be told).
So all up, it was a big night for comedy, Dan Hatch-style.
And I'm quietly proud of myself.

No comments: