Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday, too far away

I had to work today. I haven't worked on a Sunday since my time with Nova (in earnest) came to an end. It was, obviously, my first Sunday at the big paper. I have to say, I loved it. There are fewer people around and a slightly informal atmosphere, you get given heaps of stories to do and there are fewer interruptions. Massive drawback is, people are much harder to get hold of and the contact book is surprisingly out-of-date. Thank God I took copies of my old CNG contact book! Who would have thought it would be so helpful?! I'm bloody reliant on it.
But my stories are getting a good run in tomorrow's paper. At least two of them are, at any rate. I believe they are the page three lead and the page three pic story. Of course, that is always subject to change.
Now... only two more days of work before I get another day off!

No comments: