Monday, July 16, 2007

Housing crisis hits Batswater

There is a bit of movement in Batswater ("You mean Bayswater, Dan?". No I don't).
Thom has, temporarily, moved in my Dad and I.
It is, as I say, not permanent. It is for a fortnight.
It may well save someone's life.
You see, it is Thom's brother. You may have already read here about some of Huw's exploits.
Well here is the crux of it. Thom's delightful mother had finally summoned-up the courage to "assist her younger son to success living outside the family home" (quotation marks for euphamism, not verbatim) following an impromptu break-and-enter party at 3am at Chateau Batswater by several of Huw's drunken mates.
The deal was the younger son was to spend his tax return on new digs. We all thought things were moving in that direction.
Until last night we wandered into Thom's house to find his brother sitting at a brand-spanking-new computer. If it is possible to smile with that "I've fked you all now" look on your face when you are stoned off your nut, then that's exactly the smarmy smug face he was wearing.
The little c*nt had spent his tax return on a new computer. Not bond. Not a letting fee. Not rent. We all expected him, I suppose, to resist the Move-On Notice, but that is a jot too clever by half.
Now what is going to happen? Someone ELSE can stump-up the funds to help him move out? All the while he gets a new computer to play with. More likely he will get to stay exactly where he is. Which is, of course, exactly what he wants.
I have gone to great lengths in the past to keep out of Thom's family politics. It's not my business. I have enough of my own. But to be honest, this is really impacting on our relationship and I am ready to come out swinging.
Why are there two sets of rules? How can one person so consistently get away with such abhorrent, anti-social, rude and disrespectful behaviour? How can someone who can be such a machine at work come home to be ridden rough-shod over by her own son?
I've never said anything like this before. But I hate Thom's brother. Actual violent hate. I would not p*ss on him if he was on fire. I would look deeply into his eyes and make sure the little fker knew exactly how much I hated him while he burned.
And while he burns, I'll simply say to him "Get used to it, you ARE going to hell".
(If that sounds familiar, it echoes his comments to Thom and I after his friends were out the front of the house at 3am threatening to beat the sh*t out of us because, amongst other things, we are gay, and he told us "Get used to it, you are gay").
He is evil, calculating, manipulative and totally gutless.
I hate watching the affect he and his behaviour have on Thom. I hate watching the affect they have on Robbie as well. I really, really hate it.
Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do. It's not my house and they aren't my choices. He's not my son or brother.
But Thom IS mine (not in an actual ownership sense, you understand. I mean I don't hold any title-deeds) and there is something I can do about THAT.
So he's moved out. To my place. Where life is safe and normal.
Or as normal as life can be for anyone in Batswater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he were on fire, you would pour on more petrol!! I have evil little day dreams about doing that to someone myself...(and it's a brother as well)

The DOA

Lindsay said...

Hmmm, sounds like it is for the best for now. Fucking spanner.