Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's my birthgay, again

I turn four today. Four birthgays.
Totally crept up on me, totally forgot about it, flicked the desk calendar over this morning and suddenly said to myself... "oh my god, it's my birthgay!".
Most of you wouldn't believe it has only been four years since I came out, but it is.
Over that time I've gone through an amazing gammut of emotions and experiences. I've encountered a lot of extremes I had not previously imagined, had my eyes opened and my prejudices challenged. These are all good things. I think I've become a much more rounded person. And, for the record, I'm very happy with where things are at.
I have a brilliant boyfriend, fantastic friends, a great career, I'm financially secure, have an interesting hobby which allows me to entertain people, I am fitter and healthier than I have ever been and I have plenty of self worth and esteem.
All very different to four years ago. (Although that's not to rubbish those friends who were my friends then and still are now, of course).
There are a couple of changes I'm going to make to my life. But I'm not putting them here just yet.
Things are good. Things are good and it's my birthgay.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Happy Birthgay!! And to celebrate your fourth with a new job at the big end of town, too!

my name is kate said...

Kudos young Dans. You'll be in an even sweeter place by number five.

Lindsay said...

Wow - I remember last year's birthgay - it's come around so quickly and so much has happened. A Very Happy Birthgay to you my love. Nice work.

Bolton said...

It seems we've been together for a million years....

...and I bet we'll be together for a million more...

...the night I started dreaming, was the night we met...

...what did we do baby, without us... *rpt*...

... sha nah nah nah.........