Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Omigod I did the coolest thing!

Okay, there are two things when you daydream about becoming a journalist that go through your mind.
The first is the day you get to yell "stop the presses". For the record, that will never happen. Not unless you work in the print room and you get your hand caught in the rollers. Even then, you'll be dead before you get the word "presses" out.
The second is something I got to do today.
I spent the day hanging around the Children's Court. (That's not the cool thing... hang on... be patient).
And when sentencing was complete... I got to phone my story in from the field.
I swear to God, it was so cool. They have people called copy-takers who actually do this for a living. They're just a voice at the end of the phone waiting for journos to call them so they can clack away on our command. Fuck that was fun.

No comments: