Friday, July 13, 2007

Overture, curtains, lights...

So last night was the Green Faces Comedy Competition at the Hyde Park Hotel. I didn't win. But that's cool. It wasn't about that, it was about performing in front of a big crowd. And it was. I'm a bad estimator, but I suppose it was about 300 strong... including the Mayor of Melville. LOL. (Pretty certain there is a vote I didn't get).
I wasn't so sure at the time, but on relfection I think my material went down really really well. I'm happy with how it went and the reactions I got from the audience. And the Alannah MacTiernan material went down a treat, which I was thrilled with because it had been received with stony silence at The Brass Monkey the night before.
I have another gig at the Brass this coming Wednesday, but I'm sensing it may not be the place to try out new material. I might try and combine the two sets that I have and treat the audience with something decently long.
Before I sign off, THANK YOU to my wonderful friends who came along and then stayed right to the end in order to watch my set and support me. I was surprised and delighted by the number of people, and the particular people, who turned up.
It made me feel like a winner, even if I didn't get the popular vote.
Mwah x

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are a legend in my lunchbox datch. I'm sorry i missed it. x

my name is kate said...

Just goes to show the Brass Monkey crowd are plebs. Kudos.

Anonymous said...

We would have paid twice to see those nipples!!!!!

shiny said...

Did you ask crazy horse why the long face?