Wednesday, July 18, 2007

How young is too young...?

How young is too young to go grey?
Not that I'm...
Okay, I admit it. I have found one. A grey hair. Admittedly it is not on my head, it is in my beardy stubble.
One. Single. Very bright. Fucking. Grey. Hair.
Not even really grey, though, so much as white.
Blisteringly white.
So my question is, at 27, am I not waaaaay too young to be finding white bits?
At least the solution is simple. I can shave (which I will now have to do every day... and put on a suit and tie. Urgh!).
But how long will it be before one appears on my head?
I actually wouldn't mind if I greyed at the temples. I really find that hot. Or if I achieve that Clooneyesque young-and-grey-with-a-full-head-of-hair thing that I find so sexy.
I'd just prefer it if it didn't hit me for at least another five to ten years.
Hair Gods, please take note.
Although I am happy to pay this price if it means I won't suffer that oh-so not sexy male pattern baldness that haunts some of my family.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

29 is too young. Ask me. I'm going grey. Not grey, actually, but white. And it's not sexy - on a ladee anyway. Ugh. Resigned myself to a lifetime of dyeing my hair...and then a nice purple rinse at the end of my life. You'll look hot with grey hairs.

WB said...

You're lucky I'm in Korea, or you would be getting hell bitch-slapped right now. My students actually count my grey hairs. And they're well into double digits too! I won't even start on the balding (on a side note - had an appt with a cosmetic surgeon a few hours ago). Be thankful you only have the Hatch genes and not the Bennett ones too! *cyber-slap* *snarl*

Bolton said...

Oh ok, I'll shut up. You definitely have it worse than me. And you're quite a bit younger too. Sorry stud. LOL. I'll shut up!

my name is kate said...

I'm just grateful you're talking about hair - I really thought you were blogging about something else entirely based on the title...

Anonymous said...

Well, I finally found a couple of grey ones the other week (Sandy, the hairdresser nicely called them silver)I was shattered!! I had hoped to be like Mum and go grey late 40 early 50's not at 36. Sandy said I was only a baby in age and I replied "Yeah, a baby with grey hair" But they are now nicely hidden amongst blonde and merlot highlights LOL
The DOA