Monday, July 09, 2007

Cracking the comedy thing

I haven't made nearly enough of this. I really kinda "burst onto the comedy scene" at Raw Comedy this year and since then I've done half a dozen gigs and withered out with a fizzle.
But with three gigs coming up, and with the constant and unflagging support of the amazingly cohesive, generous and supportive Perth comedy crowd, I'm about to get back on the horse.
The first of the three gigs I have booked is this Thursday and a lot of people have said they're coming, which I'm very excited about.
I have decided which set of material I'm going to do and I've just got to rehearse it a bit and tidy up my delivery. I might even rework it a little.
Oh, and I've chosen entrance music. I've never done that before. But I have one of the happiest songs of all time to bust onto stage with. I'm quite excited.
Thursday is a competition, but really I haven't entered it to win it, I've entered it because competitions offer a rare chance to perform in front of a really large audience. (As in, 300 instead of 30). The roar of a crowd that large laughing back at you is awesome. I cannot wait!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Oooh! What's your entrance music? Also, are there any recordings of your gigs?